For the 2023 season, we will operate our Late Model Sportsman division under South Boston Speedway’s Limited Sportsman rulebook.
You can find the full rulebook by CLICKING HERE. Below is a quick overview of the rules.
- GM 602 Crate Engine w/650 cfm + 1″ Single Hole Spacer Plate 3,050/1,375
- GM 603/ZZ4 Crate Engine w/390 cfm + 1″ Single Hole Spacer Plate 3,100/1,400
- GM 604 Crate Engine w/500 cfm + 1″ Single or Two Hole Spacer Plate (HP) 3,125/1,425
- Ford JR347 Crate Engine w/390 cfm + No Spacer Plate 3,025/1,325
- GM Built (Steelhead) w/350 cfm + 1″ Super Sucker Spacer Plate 3,050/1,375
- Penske-style Shocks Allowed as per NASCAR rulebook.Teams running all four (4) non-rebuildable oil/Pro/Koni/Afco will receive a 40-pound weight break split evenly left/right side.
No travel limiting devices allowed.
No bumpstops or coilbinding allowed.
Car must maintain a 4″ ride height. Subject to be checked at any time.
Maximum sway bar size of 1.750 will be permitted.
**We reserve the right to adjust or add weight or alter other rules to ensure competition.**
If anyone has any questions or concerns please contact Langley Austin at 276.613.4208 or email [email protected]