The Bootleggers class is designed to be a modern-day Pure Stock division with a strict set of rules and somewhat equal cars with only three different types of cars allowed and only one engine. The division allows for little to no performance enhancements.
- Eligible cars are only the Ford Crown Victoria, Mercury Grand Marquis or Lincoln Town Car 1993 and newer.
- All cars must have 4.6L SOHC engine and must remain 100% stock.
- Absolutely no ECM manipulations of any kind. Must meet stock parameters when inspected.
- Manifold must be stock.
- Air filter must remain stock.
- Radiator must contain water only.
- Battery may remain in stock location or be moved into a secure box in drivers compartment behind seat.
- Fuel kill switch must be in rear of deck or behind drivers roll cage or kill all switch if battery is relocated.
- Exhaust must go beyond the driver and exit to the side or rear.
- Transmission must remain stock.
- Rear end must remain entirely stock. Factory gear only. 2.73, 3.27, 3.55 and 3.73 ratios only. No aftermarket lockers. You may weld the spider gears.
- Must be a minimum 4-point roll cage with 4 curved door bars on the driver’s side. Straight bars can be used on the passenger side. Cage must be welded to the frame and not the floor pan. A drivers door plate is required. It must be a minimum of 1/4″ thick steel and measure 18″ x 48″. It can be on the inside or outside of the car.
- A racing seat is required with a 5-point harness. Belts can be no older than 3-years past the clearly marked manufacturers dates on them.
- A properly mounted window net is mandatory and must be used at all times when on the track.
- Racing uniform and racing gloves required at all times.
- Steering column must remain stock. Adding of a quick disconnect steering wheel is allowed.
- Full windshield must remain stock and strapped in place. Must have 3 solid steel vertical bars in front of the driver. All other glass must be removed and cleaned up before entering the track.
- Mirrors may be removed.
- Dash must be stock.
- All airbags in the car must be removed.
- Pedals must remain stock.
- No adding of weight to the entire car.
- No altering of the suspension including sway bar links. No spacers of any kind. No air ride.
- No cutting, no heating, no lowering of springs. Shocks and springs can only be replaced by same stock parts or OEM replacements. Can cut two 2″ holes above rear shocks to access top shock nut.
- Caster and camber may be adjusted as factory adjustments allow. No other modifications.
- All season tires only. These tire sizes only 235/55/17, 225/60/16 and 215/70/15. No hight performance tires. No directional tires. No autocross tires. No tire soaking or treating. Goodyear RSA tires dated 2017 or older only permitted.
- Must be steel stock wheels. All 4 wheels must be the same size or offset. No wheel spacers. No offset wheels on cars 2001 and newer.
- Bumpers must remain stock. Any sharp edges or points must be addressed. A steel-tubing towing hoop is required welded to the top of the front bumper. It can be no wider than 3″ past the frame rails. No rear bracing allowed.
- The hood and trunk lid must have hood type pins for easy access by track officials. No bolting down.
Again…… This division was created to be an affordable, entry-level way to enter stock car racing. Keeping the cars completely stock is the priority and the division will be teched to ensure that. Changes not listed in the rules are not allowed.
- Open tech for the top 3 finishers. Any top 3 finisher can inspect the other top 3 cars.
- The race track may inspect any part at any time during an event prior to or after the race.
- First offense of cheating will result in a disqualification and loss of purse and points for the event.
- The second offense of cheating will result in a disqualification and loss of purse and points from the event and a subsequent suspension from the next Bootleggers event.
- The third offense of cheating will result in a disqualification and loss of purse and points from the event as well as a 60-day ban from competing in this class.
- The fourth offense of cheating will result in a disqualification and loss of purse and points for the event as well as a one-year ban from competing in this class.
If anyone has any questions or concerns please contact Langley Austin at 276.613.4208 or email email@example.com